Thursday, February 14, 2013

Mary the Co Redemptrix


 This is the proof that it is true that this is a Catholic belief:

CLICK HERE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-Redemptrix

Here are my refutations:

1) According to the link above it says: "Co-Redemptrix, a title of Mary, mother of Jesus, refers to her role in the Redemption process."

In the Bible, Redemption belongs only to God:

Psalms 3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah. 

2) In the Bible, no man can redeem a man

Psalms 49:1 Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world: 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: 

3) The only Redeemer is God and not any man. Lord Jesus is also God (which can be read in 1 John 5:20) who is a Redeemer also (read 2 Peter 1:1 and Titus 2:13)

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. 

4) Mary needs a Saviour too and it is not true that she has role for Redemption process 


Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.


5) There is no need to have a Co Redemptrix since God the Redeemer is strong (read Jeremiah 50:34)


This is the reason why Catholics pray to Mary, they even believe that she can deliver them from the devil's snares

"Virgin full of goodness, Mother of mercy, I entrust to you my body and soul, my thoughts and my actions in life and my death. O my Queen come to my aid and deliver me from the snares of the devil. Obtain for me the grace of loving my Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, with a true and perfect love, and after him, O Mary, of loving you with all my heart and above all things."

Source: Prayer Book 2000 Page 78

Author: Bro. Sherwin Labangco, SHMI and Bro. Saul Maquinto, SHMI

Nihil Obstat: Very Rev. Msgr. Jose C. Abriol

Vicar General and Censor

Manila May 19, 1999

Edition: 1st Edition, Manila, June 29, 2000 Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul

Printer: Don Bosco Press Makati City

In the Bible, no man can save you (read Deuteronomy 28:29) so praying to Mary to deliver you from the devil's snares will be in vain.

besides the Bible says this:

Psalms 60:11 Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. 

What is the reason behind this?

Psalms 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. Psalms 121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 

SEE! It is because help comes from God and not from a man like Mary!

we should not ask a man to deliver you from evil. 

besides, Lord Jesus taught the Christians that when praying we should ask the Father to deliver us from evil (read Matthew 6:9, 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment